Wednesday, May 23, 2012

'Scuse Me While I Kill This Guy - Book Review



'Scuse Me While I Kill This Guy by Leslie Langtry earns a nice, fat 4 out of 5 stars.

Leslie Langtry - Scuse Me While I Kill This Guy
Overall, it is an entertaining book with no basis in reality. To really enjoy it, you need to suspend all disbelief, which isn't that hard considering most books require this in some degree.
 
Gin Bombay is a single mother who hasn't had a date since her husband passed away. She's funny, irreverant and loves her pug puppy. Oh, plus she's an assassin. Gin actually comes from a line of career killers stretching back to ancient Greece, and, as part of this legacy, had no choice but to become one as well when she turned five. Yup. Five.

Anyhoo, her whole family shares her career with her, which leads them all to being very untrusting of one another. If my grandmother could kill a man with her bare hands, I suppose I'd have trust issues too.

Gin meets a new guy, a studly Aussie bodyguard. Things get complicated when she has to kill his client. And then introduce her daughter into the art of killing.

It's a fun book. A fast read that had me intruiged from the start. However, I did find that Gin's jokes and comments were all very one-sided... everything was assassination. It was funny at times, but also got old after a while. It was, as I mentioned, very unbelievable as far as story line and characters, kind of like a Marvel comicbook. That, however, also made it a fun escape from reality.

More comic/humour than chicklit, despite the token romance with the Aussie, I did enjoy it and recommend it to those with a warped sense of humour and an open mind. :)

xox

PS - If chicklit is more up your alley, you should try Tanned, a fun look at a celebrity trying to hide her identity from the love of her life while dealing with a cheating ex-boyfriend and a psychotic manager and meeting (among other famous faces) Ellen Degeneres in the process. :)

1 comment:

  1. The way you describe it, I would enjoy this story. The premise is very interesting.
    Reminds me of two movies. One with brad pitt who is supposed to kill his spouse I think. The other was with jack nicholson; cannot remember the rest, but it was humorous. He and his spouse each had a contract on each other I think.

    ReplyDelete